Friday, November 19, 2010

11-19-10


Dear Family,
 
This week was really good!  We are starting to realize that we are almost done here at the MTC.  In 1 week from today, we should get our flightplans.  It is super wierd.  It seems like I just got here.  I'm having a lot of fun and I really like my district and my zone. 
 
On Monday, the Elders in my zone who are going to Mexico are leaving.  They have been here for 12 weeks now so it is kind of a big deal around here.  But right after they leave, that makes my district the oldest.  It also means that we are the next to leave.  We are all super excited to go.  I can't wait.  I usually spend a lot of my free time thinking about Colombia.  Not that I really have any free time.  The only free time I have is when I am in the bathroom, shower, or in bed.  And the food enables us to have plenty of bathroom time...
 
So we didn't have an Apostle this week...  It was Elder Pearson of the Seventy.  It was really good.  It was about how we, as missionaries, need to leave behind who we were and become who the Lord needs us to be.  It was really cool.   So speaking of the devotionals... I have been assigned to give the opening prayer at the devotional on Tuesday.  It is the Thanksgiving devotional.   That means that it will most likely be an Apostle.  I'm excited to do it but kind of nervous.  It will be broadcasted to all the MTCs in the world.  But if I'm lucky, I'll meet an Apostle.  I get to sit on the stand during the devotional so chances are good.
 
Spanish is going well.  We are speaking it a lot and we are all learning it really well.  We started learning subjunctive this week, which is pretty much the last new thing we learn before we leave.  So that's pretty exciting.
 
So Mom and Dad, I can't believe I forgot to tell you HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a good day! 
 
This week, we taught a bunch of lessons.  We are getting fairly capable of teaching in Spanish.  It is super fun especially when you are saying things you don't understand.  It is super cool.  We are teaching again tonight so I'm pretty excited.
 
I've loved getting all of your letters.  I miss you all and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!  I'll be thinking of you.  Don't forget to make a video so I can watch it at the airport when I leave.  And Katie, I would make a video of myself speaking Spanish, but I can't because it is against the rules.  I'm going to send a card home with pictures on it soon.  Probably next week. 
 
Well thanks for all your love and support!  I love you all!  Have the best Thanksgiving ever!!!!!
 
Con amor,
              Corey
 
 p.s. mom i will answer those questions in my letter to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment