Friday, November 26, 2010

11-26-10


Dear Family,
 
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!  I missed you all and thought a lot about you.  It was different having a Thanksgiving without family around.  It was really good though.  But I'm gonna go through my week chronologically...
 
Monday was a terrible day...  Nothing was going very good and we could all tell.  Then, one of the Elders in our district announced that he was going home.  It was really a shocker.  So Monday just kinda sucked.  He was one of our zone leaders and it was super unexpected.  As a result of our zone leader going home, Elder Richens and I were chosen to be zone leaders with the other remaining zone leader.  So now I'm a zone leader and I'm in a trio companionship.  Trio companionships pretty much suck.
 
Tuesday was relatively uneventful except for the devotional.  I did give the Opening Prayer in the Devotional though.  But it wasn't an Apostle.  They pretty much shut down the MTC when they heard that a big snow storm was coming.  So we all think that is why they didn't send an Apostle.  But it was Elder Malm of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy.  It was really awesome and I learned a lot.  Oh and giving the prayer was sort of scary but not really.
 
Oh the storm...  They announced that it was gonna be the biggest storm in 11 years.  We got about 1/4 inch...   But they cancelled all our classes and so we got to study all day.
 
Wednesday was a great day.  But when it started,  I was super tired and I was kind of wishing I was with you all for Thanksgiving.  And I didn't want to do anything because I wasn't super motivated.  And we didn't have class til the evening.  This went on for a while until about lunchtime.  Our district leader, Elder Shelley, walked in holding a bunch of papers...  These papers were our flight plans!!!!!!!!!   It changed the day and we were all super happy and excited for the rest of the day.  We still couldn't focus though.
 
So, I leave the MTC on December 6, at 5:00 AM and head to the airport for our flight at 8:30.  We fly to Atlanta and have a layover there.  We fly to Bogota after that.  We stay in Bogota overnight!  Then at 7:00 AM we fly to Cali!!!  I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I will write more about that in my letter today.
 
Yesterday was really a good day.  We had a Morning Devotional at 10:00.  Elder Holland came!!!!!!  It was by far the best Devotional i've ever been to.  The spirit was way strong and I learned a ton.  His whole family was there and it was awesome.  Then we had dinner.  Nothing special.  Then we had 2 more Devotionals and a Service project and then another devotional and then we went to bed.
 
It was an awesome week.  I miss you all and I love you all!!!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!  Eat leftovers for me!
 
Con amor,
             Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment