Friday, November 5, 2010

11-5-10


Dear Family,
     So this week has been really great!  We had another Apostle come!!  Elder Ballard came and spoke to us.  It was really cool.  I love hearing from the Apostles.  Hopefully they keep coming.  I heard a rumor that for Thanksgiving, they try and get Elder Holland to come.  I love his talks... they are frightening...
     I've been here for a month!! It is really weird to think about. I feel like I've been here forever, but its gone so fast.  That probably doesn't make sense.  The days are long but the weeks are short.  I literally feel like yesterday was my first Sunday here.  It's really weird for me to think that in 1 month I'll be in Colombia.  
    So I haven't really heard anything about my visa except that like the 2nd week we were here, we signed another paper from the Colombian gov't and sent it back. So I think that might be a good sign.  At least I hope it's a good sign.  But I haven't heard anything about the Colombian visas.  There are lots of Elders going to Mexico that are having difficulties.  2 missionaries we talked to have been here for 6 months because they don't have their visas.  They have already been to Phoenix and St. George and now they are back here waiting.  So I guess I'm really lucky I'm not going to Mexico. 
     Spanish is going well.  I am recently able to have a conversation with someone only in Spanish.  It's really weird because I have tried to make it so I'm not translating everything from english to spanish and spanish to english, so that I am thinking in Spanish.  It is pretty hard but I think it is working.  But it is really cool to be able to do that.  we started to practice teaching in Spanish.  That is way hard.  But it is really cool because things start coming out of my mouth and I don't really know what I said.  Next week we teach an "investigator" solomente en español. 
     So something really funny/sad happened the other day.  There was an old lady walking out of the building we have class in, and so I held the door open for her.   She seemed a little frail and confused.  So when she got outside, she started saying things like, "Where am I?... What is this place?... What am I doing here?... How did I get here?..."  And then she wandered away...  (we saw someone help her, don't worry)
     So a lot of Elders in my zone are leaving within 2 weeks.  It's kind of sad becuase we are all pretty good friends now.  But that means that we are soon to be the oldest district in out zone.  That means that more than likely, one of our 3 companionships are going to be zone leaders soon.  We aren't so sure we want to do that...
     Well I'm out of things to say...  I love you all so much!  I hope you are all doing ok out in the pretend world of pretendness that doesn't exist...
 
       Con amor,
                    Corey
 
P.S.  yes you can all call me Corey if you want.
P.P.S.  Someone asked me my first name the other day and it was kind of hard to remember.
P.P.P.S  yes I am getting the Dear Elders.  So send more!
P.P.P.P.S  I'm not sure if I did the P.S. thing right, but I don't care.
P.P.P.P.P.S   I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment