Monday, February 28, 2011

2-28-11


Dear Family,
 
This week was so crazy!  We have traveled every day to Manizales and Pereira and I have to travel every day until Thursday when I get a new companion. 

This week was good but it didn´t turn out like we had planned or wanted.  The marraige of this week didn´t happen... but we still had 3 baptisms.  But now the wedding is for the 3rd of march and the baptisms are on the 5th.  So this week we get to try it all again. 
 
The baptisms went really well.  It was a cool experience.  I will send pictures of it (and the next baptism) next week.  Sorry I lied to you...  We are in Manizales today and I don´t have my cord for my camera.  But next week i´m going to try and send a handful of pictures. 
 
We had interviews this week with Presidente Bolívar.  It was super cool.  I was the last missionary in the whole mission to be interviewed.  He told me that of all the new gringos in the newest 3 groups, that i have the best spanish.  I don´t mean to brag or anything but that gave me a really nice boost of confidence this week.  Oh and I am in the 2nd newest group of missionaries.  then after my interview, Pte. Bolívar took me and my companion out to lunch.  He also went out of his way to congratulate us on all of our baptisms.  Yeah its pretty cool to be congratulated by the Presidente. 
 
On Friday, we had zone conference.  It was super cool and fun.  It was in Pereira and it was 10 hours of training.  I got to meet a lot of the missionaries in the mission and Pte. Bolívar spoke for 4 hours about the Atonement.  It was super deep and everything but it was super awesome.  And I understood every word.  
 
I had to speak again in church yesterday.  It went pretty well.  But again, I didn´t have anytime to prepare anything.  I just got up and started speaking.  But luckily I can always rely on the gift of tounges to help me through anything.
 
I get a new companion this week.  I have to say that I´m kind of excited for it.  I´m a little nervous but mostly excited.  I just hope he is obedient. 
 
Well I think I´m pretty much out of things to say...
 
I love ya all lots and hope you have a good week!
 
Love,
     Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment