Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2-8-11

Dear Family,

This week has been pretty good.  We have had some interesting things happen...

Oh and I fogot to tell you something that happened in church last week.  So we went to church and were sitting in preisthood meeting when the counselor came up to me and asked me if I was ready to speak in sacrament meeting... I wasn´t ready, but I said yeah of couse we are ready.  Elder Alfonso wasn´t too happy about that but we did it anyway.  So I had to go first... I got up not knowing what I would say but I just started talking.  It was pretty good spanish too.  But I started talking about testimonies.  I had realized in fast and testimony meeting that the members testimonies were pretty weak.  So for some reason I pretty much told them that.  I went on for about 20 minutes.  So that was kind of cool.  And then yesterday, in fast and testimony meeting, it was different.  They were speaking from their hearts rather than saying memorized kid testimonies.  I don´t know if I had anything to do with it, but maybe...

So this week we worked really hard and now, we have at least 8 baptisms for sure on the 19th of this month.  They are all really cool and all ready for baptism so i´m really excited.  One of the investigators, is Ubaldo.  He is golden.  We have taught him 2 lessons and he told us that he wants to hurry and get baptized so he can serve a mission.  He is 24 almost 25 so we really have to hurry so he will be able to serve. 

Then on Saturday,  we had to go to Manizales to Interview some people for baptism.  We usually take a medium sized bus.  But we decided to take a small van.  One thing about these buses...  Every time we take one, it is more exciting than the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.  It is pretty similar too.  We go through this big old canyon with steep death drops on both sides and the drivers are nuts.  So the fact that we might crash is always on my mind.  So on Saturday, it became a reality.  Luckily, we didn´t fall down the death drops but we definately nailed the car in front of us pretty hard.  But then I looked behind us only to see a huge semi truck screeching to a stop behind us.  Keep in mind that we are in a very small bus...  The semi screeches to a stop and very miraculously stops within a few inches of us, sparing our lives...  Then everyone in our little bus files out without a word, and we all get in another bus and drive away.

Anyways, I´m doing really good and learning spanish pretty well.  Its tough but its coming.  I hope everyone is doing well and is happy.  Have a good week.

Love,
    Corey
P.S. mom, I havent gotten your package yet... Maybe in 10 days or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment