Monday, April 18, 2011

4-18-11

Dear Family,

This week I got transfered... That was probably the hardest experience of my mission so far.  I had really grown to love Chinchiná and the people.  It was especially hard when some of the members cried...  Its kind of heart breaking and also heart warming to know that the poeple love you too.   I got transfered to Medellin.  well it´s actually Belen... but it is in Medellin.

Medellin is freaking huge!!!  I don´t know if you remember when I said that Manizales was really big... but medellin is like 10 times bigger! (at least, and i´m not exaggerating.)  My area in Belen, is about the size of 2 Manizales´s.  and its just me and my companion.  So yeah my mission just got way more physically demanding.  But it is a really beautiful city.  It´s one of the richest parts of Colombia and my area is one of the richest parts in the city.  So the people are really hard hearted.  We don´t have very many investigators and we are praying for a miracle so we can baptize this transfer.   My companion is Elder Miranda.  He is from Barranquilla, Colombia.  Its a city on the coast in the north.  He is really cool.  He is 27 years old, finishes in July, speaks english and works hard and is easy going.  

So i know i´m really bad at writing and that when you ask questions, i forget to answer them...  But I´m trying to change.   

We are getting a new President in July.  I don´t want Presidente Bolivar to leave though.  He is super cool.  But Presidente Prince from St. George is coming.  He served here in this mission when Elder Jay Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy was president of the mssion.  It will be weird to change...

What else...

I am learning a lot and I really love my mission.  Spanish is coming along really well.  I gave a talk yesterday in the ward and it went really well.  I think I impressed the members... Thanks to the Gift of Tounges.  

I don´t really have more to say.  I hope you are all doing well and hope you all have a good week!  Love you all!

Love,
  Corey

P.S.      some of the pics are from the River last week and the others are from the Baptism of Sandra.








No comments:

Post a Comment