Monday, May 16, 2011

5-16-11


Dear Family,
 
This week was super fast! I really can´t believe how fast it was... 
 
Its kinda tough to work here in Medellin because we work and work and work and our numbers are really low...  We now only have 1 possible baptism scheduled for this month.  We are hoping and praying for more opportunities and we know they´ll come, but it is hard to be patient. 
 
Despite the hard work and everything, I have learned a ton.  I know speak spanish very comforably and I learn a lot in my studies and best of all, my faith is growing.  For some reason my faith grows really slow and plummets really fast.  So its really good to feel like my faith is growing a little bit.
 
We finally got a version of the Book of Mormon in audio for Nicolás.  It was way cool to see.  We put the CD in and he just sat and listened to it.  He would ask us questions like Who is Nephi? and then he would go back to listening intently.  He really likes it and we are starting to see that his life is getting better. 
 
I was just thinking today how some things that are normal here that are pretty outrageous back home.  There are many... but the one that stands out most to me is that we hear gunshots in the streets everyday various times throughout the day or night.  We hear about lots of killings and robberies and all sorts of stuff.  Its always sad, but its normal... And I don´t like the fact that its normal. 
 
This week, Medellin forgot to rain... So its been fetching hot.  I might die when I have to go to Cali... (cause Cali is fetching hot.)
 
I don´t have anything else to say... I´ll try and do better next week.  Love you all!  Have a good week!
 
Love,
    Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment