Monday, December 12, 2011

12-12-11

Dear Family,

This week was good.  Pretty normal except for the Christmas Party thing.   Other than that, not a whole lot new...

The Christmas party thing was fun.  I got to talk to a couple of my friends that I hadn`t seen for a while.  And we got to see Pres Prince and his wife.  Pasto is kinda hard to get to... so they arrived pretty late.  They went to the airport in Cali early in the morning and every single flight to Pasto was sold out...  So they got a flight to Bogota and another from Bogota to Pasto.  So they got to Pasto at about 1 00.  We sang Christmas songs, played games, ate food and got presents.  I was especially happy to get 2 packages from mom and dad!  Thanks!  But anyway, it was a pretty good day.  

After the party, I talked to President Prince for a minute about my companion.  We get along really well and stuff but sometimes he seems kind of down or turned off.  So I felt like I should ask him if there was anything I should know.  Turns out that I have been given a special assignment... again.  Its pretty much the story of my life as a missionary.  Apparently, he has had some problems with this in the past.  He is a good guy and a good missionary but sometimes seems a little depressed.  My new job is to figure out what the deal is and how to help him.  I actually really enjoy my special assignments... 

Thanks for writing back about what your desires are.  I really enjoyed reading about your thoughts.  I have been thinking about it a lot lately and I am trying to figure it all out.  I think I am going to write a good long sermon or something for Christmas and I will include more of my thoughts.  So for now I will write just a little about it.     Lately, I have thought a lot about my future.  I know I am still a ways away from that but I gotta have an idea of what direction I want to go.  While I agree 100% with each of you about how the gospel and family are the most important, I have found service to be right up there close.  I have learned through serving the importance to serve.  I have learned that I want to spend my life serving.  I don`t really know how yet... but I do know that that is what i want to do.   For me, one of my many desires is to serve and help other people.   (more to come on this subject)

Well sorry this is kinda short and boring... but I love you lots and hope you all have a good week!

Love,
   Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment