Monday, December 19, 2011

12-19-11

Dear Family,

This week was good.  Pretty normal... but good.  It`s actually starting to get pretty tough because no one is home and no one wants to let us crash their parties.  Hardly anyone goes to church this time of year.  Just the really faithful ones.  

Well I have to say that it does seem a little bit more like Christmas this year than it did last year.  Pretty much just because it is cold.  There isn`t any snow, but we are in the middle of  ¨winter¨  here.   ¨Winter¨ just means that it rains a lot...  But yeah it feels a bit better this year than it did last year.  I guess it could also be because I`m not new and I can understand spanish and stuff.  Last Christmas was pretty rough for me.  

This week I did divisions with Elder Sanchez.  He`s a new good buddy that I`ve got nowadays.  He was born in Colombia, but moved to the Dominican Republic.  He is really funny and fun to hang out with.  But he is companions with Elder Zuñiga and is having a tough time being patient enough.  I understand a little bit of that because I have had to do a lot of divisions with Zuñiga.  So it was a really fun division because he got to relax a little bit.  We worked hard and everything but made sure to really enjoy ourselves.  I feel bad for the guy but also I feel really lucky to be able to have such a good companion.  I have definatley had my fair share of hard companions...  but I think it is probably something that we all have to go through.  Anyways, I guess I am just trying to say that it is really cool to be able to wake up everyday and feel good about working with your friend.  Not worrying about if he is gonna explode if you do something he doesn`t like... things like that.   We rarely have disagreements or any type of problem.  We just get up and work.  Nothing more to worry about.  The lesson I have learned is that we need to feel like this everyday of our lives.  We need to be happy with our work, family, friends and just the direction our life is going in.  If we can find this, we will always be happy.  No matter the trials that come our way.

So, Saturday...   I think I will try to call at about 1 00 (colombia time) which is about 11 00 your time (i think...look it up maybe, just to be sure).  There could be a difficulty with finding a place that is open.  I will have to find an internet cafe.  I am quite sure I will be able to find a place, but just in case, be ready for anything.  Mom, have your email open just in case, so we can communicate if something goes wrong.  I was able to get on and make and account on skype so my username is corey.hoddenbach.  I think it will all work out really good.   I am really excited to see you all!  I haven`t spoken english for a while so we will see how it goes.  I don`t have a problem writing every week but sometimes when I speak, I get a little tounge tied.  

Well, I will see you on saturday!  Love you lots!

Love,
    Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment