Monday, December 5, 2011

12-5-11

Dear Family,

This week was good.  Me and my companion have gotten to be really good friends and are really enjoying this transfer.  So, things are going really good and I am really happy.  Pasto is really cool.  I love it here.  The people are really nice.  Everyone loves us.  And I have really gotten to be really good friends with a few members.    We are also really excited for Christmas here.  They say it is really cool (lights and stuff).  We`ll see I guess.   Christmas is way different here.  The truth is, it is basically a drinking holiday here.  Its kinda sad and makes me miss the good old White Christmas at home.  But it`ll be good.  We have a bunch of invites for Christmas Day.  

Speaking of Christmas, this week is our Christmas party thing with President Prince.  I think it`ll be cool.  They also advised me that I will be receiving 2 packages!  I don`t know from who yet...  but thanks in advance!

Well, we ended up not being able to baptize this week.  We had a problem with an investigators family.  She really wants to get baptized and all but it is causing a bit of tension, especially with the mom.  But it gives us a bit more time to really get her prepared.  She will be a good Relief Society Pres. one day.  Now we will teach the lessons again and in more depth.  Sometimes, we don`t get a chance to really teach everything before baptism.  

Thats pretty crazy hearing about Centerville and how she got destroyed... what did you do to deserve that? haha.  But it kinda makes you think doesn`t it?  Why did it happen?   I have learned in my mission the reality of how everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes the reason is big and sometimes it`s small... but there is always a reason.  My prediction...  the purpose is to get the people to serve each other.  Its something we often forget to do.  Things are better when everyone helps everyone.  I kinda wish I was there to help...

This week, a member printed me off a talk (in English!) by Elder Anderson that is called Educating Your Desires.  I really enjoyed it.  He talked about how powerful our desires really are.  More than anything, I really liked a couple of questions that he asked.   What do you absolutely believe?  and,  What are you willing to fight for and never let go?  I have thought a lot about these questions this week.  I think they are very important to ask to yourself.  Once we know the answers to these questions, there shouldn`t be any wondering what we should do with our time.  Simple but powerful questions.  So, I want to hear from you about this topic.  So I am giving you homework...  Next week I would like to read a little about what you absolutely believe and what you are willing to fight for and never let go.  Thanks.

I hope you have a good week!!!  I love you lots!!!

Love,
      Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment