Monday, April 2, 2012

4-2-12

Dear Family,

This week was good.  I really enjoyed conference a lot.  It was really cool to see the themes that were chosen.  I don`t know about you guys but I saw about 3 or 4 themes...  Eternal Life, Families, Spirituality and Trials.  It was really interesting to hear about these topics.  I feel like sometimes we don`t focus enough on these things.  I really can`t wait to watch conference in English though.  I still learn a lot and feel the spirit in spanish... but it is sooooo much better in English.  We are really lucky to speak english and live right there close to all the Prophets and Apostles.

I have learned a lot this week.  Not only in the conference but in my personal studies.  I have obviously been reading the Book of Mormon a lot (like 7 or 8 times in my mission...) but have started focusing a little bit more in the bible.  I study all my books together and everything is so much clearer.  I can tell that I have progressed a lot in gaining knowledge.  But it is dang hard to talk about the gospel in English...  I can talk all day long in spanish though...

My companion is doing all right.  He is struggling with a few things though.  But I wont gossip too much..  But he is really stubborn and he doesn`t trust me.  After 18 months in the mission, I definately know a little bit more than him but he wont accept that.  He thinks he can get by without the guidance of the spirit.  He has even lied to me a few times about when the spirit has told him to do something.  I am learning a lot of patience and I know he will get better and he will be a great missionary but it is a little bit tough to wait for that to happen.

I cant believe I am turning 18 months this week.   It feels really wierd.  My buddy Jack gets home on the 4th...  Time is going by way too fast.  I know that these 6 months will go by way fast and that worries me a bit... but I guess I just have to remember what I often teach my investigators...  Life is full of steps.  We just have to keep climbing the stairway to heaven.  Some steps are bigger than others, but we have to take every single one.  Going home from my mission will be just one of these very large steps... but i have to take it.

I hope you have a great week!!! Love you lots!!!

Love, 
   Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment