Monday, April 30, 2012

4-30-12

Dear Family,
  
This week has gone really well.  We had 3 baptisms!!!  One on Thursday and two on Saturday.  Everything went really well and each one of them will be really great converts.  President Prince has taught us to set commitments and not goals.  What is the difference?  A commitment is what we WILL achieve whereas a goal is what we WANT to acheive.  So he had us set a commitment of what we knew we could achieve.  It wasn`t a commitment between us and him... it was between us and God.  He had us promise God that we would achieve it.  So we promised that we would baptize 5 people in April.  And...  we baptized 5!!!  It wasn`t easy and for a minute I thought we weren`t going to be able to make it, but we put our trust in Him and we did it.  So we are happy...

Today, we find our if we have transfers or not...  I don`t think we will know until the night, but I am praying that I won`t have transfers.  This week I figured out why I am so happy here...  At first, I thought it was because of my other companion... but he left.  Then I thought it was because of the climate (which, to answer Dad`s question, is practically perfect...  Not hot but not cold.  It rains from time to time, but we never get wet)  or because the city is really pretty...  The reason I love it so much here is because for the first time in my whole mission, I feel something different.  In all my areas before this one,  I have felt like my investigators were waiting for the missionaries.  Which is really great... But here,  they are waiting for me.  Not just any missionary, but they are waiting for me.  Lots of times, we here about how we made promises in the pre-existence to find people and teach them these things.  I know that the people I promised that I would teach are here in Manizales.  I think that my whole mission up until now has been preparation for me to teach these people.  

What else???  I got pretty sick this week...  I don`t know what I have, but it ain`t pretty haha.  Don`t worry about me though... I will probably be just fine.  

I got a message from the mission that told me that 2 packages arrived!!!  They will be in my hand this week!

Everyone, hurry and pray that I won`t have transfers... But hurry because they come tonight...

Love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Love,
   Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment