Monday, May 21, 2012

5-21-12

Dear Family,

This week was pretty good.  Not a whole lot to share this week... but its fine because I don´t have a lot of time to write today.  

Today is a holiday so we are getting together with some of the members to eat lunch.  We are going to make Sancocho.  It is basically just a soup that is very traditional here in Colombia.  But it should be cool.  
Yesterday, I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting.  I chose the topic of Sacrifice and reviewed my notes from a zone conference we had with President Prince.  I think my talk went pretty well but more than anything, I learned a lot. I read in Genesis 22 about Abraham and Isaac.  I learned that the sacrifice that God asked of Abraham was a similitude of God´s sacrifice of his Only Son.  It was very interesting and I was able to compare this chapter with John 3:16.  One thing I thought was really interesting was the attitude of Isaac with his father.  When they headed up the mountain, Isaac says to his dad that they had the knife and everything but they didn´t have anything to sacrifice u.  Abraham responds by saying that God will provide it.  Then Isaac understands and permits it.  He even helps his father.  He, being young and all, could have overtaken his dad.  He could have run away...  But he didn´t.  He knew it was God´s will and like Christ, wanted to do God´s will before anything else.    Then, one of the most interesting parts is when God makes the well known Abrahamic Covenant.  The promise was much greater than the sacrifice.

Anyway, that´s about it for this week.  Next week I will write more...  I hope you all have a great week!!!  I love you lots!!!

Love,
    Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment