Monday, May 28, 2012

5-28-12

Dear Family,

This week has been quite interesting...

Last Monday, my companion was in one of his moody phases. I was really really tired of it happening so often so I wrote to President Prince. I explained what was going on with him and that I was trying to be really patient. I took a chance by saying that because I knew that if we had a problem, one of us would be transfered next. And since I have been here for about 4 months, I thought it would be me. Well........ on friday, my companion was transfered......... It came as a surprise, seeing as how transfers aren`t until the 13th of June. But now I am here with Elder Mindiola.

Elder Mindiola is from Barranquilla, Colombia. He has been in the mission for 16 months, but in another mission. He was originally assigned to be in Urugauy. He went and spent 16 months there and had problems with his visa and was reassigned to Colombia. He is really really quiet but I thing he will be a good companion. He is so quiet, in fact, that sometimes I ask a question and I don`t hear an answer... so I answer my own questions.

Today, we had interviews with Pres Prince. It was really short, but went well. He asked me where I would like to finish my mission. I told him that I am fine where I am at. He said that it is possible but that it depends on what happens with the mission division. Which, by the way, is driving us nuts down here. They won`t tell us anything!

Also, we had a baptism on Saturday!!! Manuel Posada is 9 years old and is a members son. It went well and he asked me to baptize him. His dad couldn`t do it for some reason, so I accepted. But man alive the water was cold!!!

Well that is about it... I love you lots and hope you have a great week!!!

Love,
Corey


No comments:

Post a Comment