Sunday, June 24, 2012

6-18-12

Dear Family,

This week was (as usual) a very interesting week........

First of all,  I didn´t get transfered!!!  I have no idea why, but I am very very grateful that I wasn´t.   So, on the 1st of July, I belong the Mission Medellin.   I am happy with that although I will miss President Prince.  I figure its only 3 months of another president, so it shouldn´t affect me too much.  Plus, I am always very far away from the President so it doesn´t make a huge difference.  

Second of all, my companion didn´t get transfered either...  He still doesn´t talk and stuff.  I think he ignores me, haha.  But we will see how things go this transfer.  

Third of all, there is a volcano here close to Manizales, and the other day we woke up to the whole city being covered with ashes.  It was kind of wierd and they say the sucker is gonna blow... but we´ll see.  No need to worry...  

Fourth of all, on wednesday, we were hungry.  So we stopped by a street vendor and bought something to eat.  Next thing we know, we got robbed blind.  2 kids came up and shoved a knife in my ribs and told me (swearing the whole time) to give them everything.  So we did.  And they left running.  We watched them run away and after a minute, we headed out to see if we could find them.  We looked and looked and couldn´t find them.  A member saw us without our bags and picked us up in his taxi and we kept looking.  We ended up turning down a street and we saw our bags there in the street.  We got out to check things out, and ALL the stuff they took from us was there.  Now, what I didn´t tell you is that my companion had 50000 pesos (a lot) in his book of mormon and I (the only time in my whole mission that I had it with me) had my camara.  And, miraculously, there it all was.  We didn´t lose anything at all.  Crazy, huh?

Well thats about it.  Love you lots and hope you have a great week!!!

Love,
   Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment