Monday, July 16, 2012

7-16-12

Dear Family,

Thanks again for the really great letters you sent me this week.  This week went a little bit better.  It was really long because of all that is happening, but things are slowly getting better.  I was in the office almost the whole week.  On Thursday, I finally got an area.  I was sent to Alta Mira.  It is here in Medellin.  It`s not quite as good as Alta Suiza, but thats ok.  I am District Leader and Trainer.  I am training Elder Castillo from Peru and all is going fine.  He is stubborn and all, but he is brand new and he is moldable.  
I am also in Elder Strahm`s zone again.  It has been a long time since we have seen each other so it is nice.  He goes home on the 27th though.  I think I will try to do splits with him this week.  
I read a really great talk this week that really helped me with all that is going on.  It is Elder Wirthlin`s talk titled, Sunday will come.  He talks about the ressurection and a lot of other things.  He talks about how Mary Magdalene and Mary the Mother of Jesus as well as the disciples must have felt that Friday when He was crucified.  He talks about how that Friday was the darkest of all the days in the history of the world.  He talks about the despair and sadness of these people and how they felt like all was lost and done with.  But then came Sunday, He rose up and mended the broken hearts and all was well.  He made everything right.  We each have our dark fridays, but Sunday will always come.

I love you lots and I am so greatful for your prayers and thoughts.  I have never needed them more than I do now.  Thanks.

I hope you all have a great week.  I love each and every one of you!!!

Love,
    Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment