Monday, July 2, 2012

7-2-12

Dear Family,

This week was a lot better.  It has (as always...) been very interesting.  

First of all, I wanted to thank you all for your letters this week.  I really needed them.  I didn´t really realize it, but the past 2 weeks have been extremely difficult.  I have had a lot of things going on and I felt (for the first time in my whole mission) that I couldn´t move on.  I felt like I couldn´t find the light at the end of the tunnel.  I don´t know why I have felt like this and I don´t know why I have felt like this in this time.  Why now?        But I finally was able to find the light at the end of the tunnel.  I finally feel like I am able to take steps in the right direction.  I owe all this to a few things:  I was able to spend a lot of time studying and finding the answers that I really needed,  I was able to improve my prayers and make them more powerful,  I was able to think and ponder a lot,  I was able to enhance my relationship with members and friends here in Manizales, and finally, your letters were what really showed me the way out of the dark tunnel.    And as always, through these things, my trust in the Lord has grown and I have learned a lot.  He picked me up when I was down and He urged me to keep going.  He didn´t carry me out.  He didn´t take away my challenges.  He taught me that I could do it.   I know I am not done yet....  But I know I can do it.  I´m guessing (based on recent experiences...) that the hardest parts of my mission are still on their way.   But now I know I can do it.

As far as news and recent events go...  This week we said goodbye to President Prince.  He did a training meeting type of thing where he gave an awesome talk.  I think next week I will write about it, but it was really amazing what he taught us.  The meeting was really good and everything.  But it was hard to say goodbye.  He´s been a great President.  Now we belong to a new mission.  We have the privelige (sp?) to open a new mission.  I am excited to have the chance to do it.  

We haven´t met the new President yet...  I imagine this week we will.  He´s only been here for like 24 hours, so we´ll give him a minute to rest before we make him travel a lot.  I don´t really know how things will go in the new mission.  I am guessing that it will be something like a merger...  Lots of rebellion and stuff.  But I only have to put up with that for 3 more months...

Not a whole lot more to share this week...  I love you lots!!!! Have a great week!!!

Love,
    Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment