Friday, November 12, 2010

11-12-10


Dear Family,
     This week has flown by.  It is crazy how fast time is going.  It seriously seems like last P-day was yesterday. 
     So this week has been good.  We had a really good Sunday, super spiritual and everything.  One of the districts left though so that was kind of weird.  I became good friends with some of them so it was kind of hard.  Oh and on Monday, another district is leaving for Paraguay and Argentina.  I'm good friends with lots of them now too.  But with them gone, that means that we are the oldest district in our zone.  And that means that in like 3 weeks, we leave.  So I'm starting to get really excited.  
     We started teaching in Spanish this week.  It is so cool.  It's hard but I have fun doing it.  It is really cool when you start saying words that you have never heard.  I would have never guessed I could do it.   this whole week we have just taught other investigators as practice.  Tonight, we have a real pretend "investigator."  We go to the TRC and teach all of Lesson 1, which is the restoration.  It will be hard but I'm kind of excited. 
     So learning spanish is going well.  Yesterday, my companion and I went the whole day without speaking English.  It was super hard and frustrating.  It was just a goal that we wanted to do.  We are the first ones in our district to do it so its pretty cool.   Apparently, my district's spanish is really good.  The older districts have told us that our spanish is as good as the missionaries who are leaving. (If that makes sense)  Also they said that the district who had our teachers before we did, we really good too.  so i'm excited to see how good we are.  It is really frustrating though.  Our teachers don't speak English anymore, at all.  I'm finally starting to be able to express myself a little bit so i'm pretty proud of that.
     So the best part of the whole week... was when Elder Bednar came to our fireside!!!   It was super cool.  He talked about doctrine and how the answer is always in the doctrine.  It got pretty deep...  but it was so cool.  In case you aren't keeping count, that is our 4th Apostle.  there is a rumor floating around the MTC that they are having Apostles come all through November.  Elder Holland might come for Thanksgiving.  But who knows,  the rumors floating around here are crazy.
     Also, on Sunday night, Sherri Dew came and spoke to us. It was really good too.  After that we watched the Joseph Smith movie again.  I love that movie so much.  
     So we haven't heard much about our visas.  But we have heard that no one has really had problems with them.  It looks like they are going to be here on time.  Only missionaries going to Mexico and Brazil are having problems.   My friend Chad Zollinger is still here for his 11th or 12th week.  But we have been told not to worry about it.
     one of our teachers is engaged to a Colombian.  He said that there is warm water on the western side of Colombia for showers.  (but thats just cause nothing has a chance to get cold down there...)  He also speculates that we (the ones going to Cali) will likely spend time in the Jungle.  I'm so excited to go.
 
    Well I'm out of things to say.  That is literally all we did all week long.  everyday is the same here.  Don't worry I'm still having fun, but i really do want to leave.
    I hope everything is going well at home! 
 
         Love you all, 
                        Corey
 
P.S. I told Katie about doing like a family video on an SD card to send to me so I can watch it at the Airport.  So do that! please.

No comments:

Post a Comment