Monday, March 28, 2011

3-28-11


Dear Family,
 
This week has been really good and super fast.  I litterally can´t believe that march is almost over.  But I am super excited to watch conference this weekend.
 
We have this investigator that we ¨accidently¨ found.  But she is super prepared and we taught the word of wisdom to her the other day (the word of wisdom is a huge problem here in Colombia... that and the Law of Chastity...)  and she told us that coffee really isn´t bad for you and that doctors have proven that it is good for some sicknesses.  I was a little worried when she told us that but we got to bear testimony of it and we could see the change in her eyes and she said that she would give it up.  So she did and now she is ready for baptism.  Oh and she is coming to Manizales to watch conference.  ella es una investigadora de oro...
 
Speaking of the word of wisdom,  (it took me like 5 minutes to remember what its called in english...)  Colombia has a lot of problems with it.  Everyone drinks coffee.  Everyone drinks.  Everyone smokes.  And everyone smokes marijuana.  It is incredible.  (marijuana really reeks by the way...)  The cops don´t do anything about it and anywhere you go, you can smell it.  But also i have learned that in Chinchiná there is a crapload of iniquity.  So maybe in my next area there won´t be a ton of it.
 
So it is very very likely that I will be transferred on april 14.  I am kind of excited for it but also I love chinchina.  But it will be nice to start fresh again. 
 
My companion is really good and I have learned a lot from him.  He is way better than my other companion.  The other two missionaries that live in my house are pretty annoying and I´ve almost flipped a lid at them a few times.  But overall I am pretty dang happy.  I understand 90 to 95% of eveything and can pretty much express myself how I want.  It is still hard but it is a lot easier to enjoy everything now. 
 
It was super good to hear from all of you!  I hope you all have a good week!  Love you all!
 
love,
    Corey
 
P.S. the pics from last week are of chinchina.  All of my area.  And the man is the branch mission leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment