Monday, June 6, 2011

6-6-11


Dear Family,
 
I didn´t get transferred this week.  But my companion did.  And now my life got way harder and my new companion is Elder Tumbaco, who, if you remember from Chinchiná, I already had problems with.  We´ll see how this transfer goes...
 
Yesterday at church, there was a family visiting from Houston.  The parents and 1 or 2 of the kids were born here in Colombia and the other 2 kids were born in the US.  So they all speak english and everything.  They all look Colombian so when they started speaking to me in English I was surprised.  Then I tried to start speaking back, and couldn´t...  I made a fool of my self when I said, ¨I from Utah...¨ And they all laughed...  But it was fun to talk to them.  I never thought I would forget English. 
 
Not a whole lot else happened this week.  I am practicing patience to the extreme, and am struggling.  My companion is one of the very few people I have ever known that just truly make me mad.  I am a little worried about this transfer.   He said that he doesn´t want to keep teaching Nicolás (the blind guy)  or Isabel (the Catholic lady)... so that kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
 
Sorry this is so short but its a holiday here and so I only had like 35 minutes to read and write today.  Thanks for the letters and I will write more next week!  Have a good week!
 
Love,
    Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment