Monday, July 25, 2011

7-25-11


Dear Family,
This week was good.  For the most part...
We had interviews and zone conference with Presidente Prince!  He is really an awesome guy and he taught us some really cool things.  My interview was really cool.  He is relearning spanish so the first thing he said is, ¨I feel like we should have this interview in English...¨ It was really hard but we talked about a lot of things.  The conference was based on the theme of working with the members.  It was really good and he has now approved that we can play soccer!  We had ban on soccer from Pte. Bolivar and now we can finally play.  He really seems like he will be an awesome Presidente.  I am really excited to work with him. 
We had a baptism!  I attached 2 photos of the baptism.  Anderson didn´t get baptized yet, but we are working on baptizing him this week before he returns to the war...  But we baptized Pamela.  She is the one that called us up to tell us she wanted to be baptized. We did it Sunday morning before church.  It was really cool. 
Then yesterday, we had ward counsel.  We were excited to share the things that Pte. Prince taught us.  We got there and the circus began.  Ward counsel here in this ward is a joke.  They don´t respect anyone and they just laugh and joke around the whole time.  We had a bunch of things planned to talk about because we are in desperate need of help.  My companion said something (I don´t even remember what he said...) and the Bishop misunderstood and flipped out.  He thought that he was critisizing him and he started yelling at us for 15 minutes in front of the whole ward council.  He started insulting us and he lost control of himself.  We just sat there waiting for him to finish.   Later, he told me that he was mostly talking to my companion, and that I shouldn´t worry about what he said.  I told him that I had taken the side of my companion and (not using these words exactly...) he had lost control.  He truly was not justified in the things he said.  We have done more for this ward than they give us credit for.  I know there are things that we need to change and repent for and that we are not perfect, and we will change and repent, but he does not have the right to insult us and our work.  And we left...
It´s been a crazy week and I know this letter is short but I had to write Pte. Prince about our situation here.  He is going to call the Bishop today.  We are just hoping we can get through this with everybody in one piece.
Love you all and have a good week!
Love,
  Corey





No comments:

Post a Comment