Monday, September 5, 2011

9-5-11


Dear Family,
 
This week was good.  We had lots of really cool experiences, but I was sick the whole week.  It all started on wednesday and got worse everyday...  Now, I feel ok.  Not great but just ok.  I don´t really know why I was sick or anything. 
 
So, as a result of being sick all week, I don´t have too much to share this week...  But i will do my best.  I think one of the coolest things that happened was that we got a new investigator who is a friend of the bishop here.  This guy, Javier, is the best investigator ever!  He is the kind of guy that has essencially destroyed his own life.  He shared with us what he did (most of which being problems with the family...) but he humbled himself and confessed everything.  After all of that he said that he has been going to lots of churches and stuff but never felt good about anyone of them, until he came to our church...  We reassured him that he had been prepared and guided to the bishop and to us.  Then we started to teach him.  He really liked the lesson about the restoration.  He told us that he was willing to do anything to get his life back on track.  One of the coolest parts was when I promised him that if he would listen and apply the teachings of the gospel that he would get his family back and everything would get better.  It was a promise that I wanted to give him so bad but I had to wait to get permission from the Spirit to give it.  It was really cool because I really got the prompting to tell him these things. 
 
From that lesson, we went to another where we didn´t know what to teach.  We both opened our Book of Mormon to the exact same page ( by ¨coincidence¨...)  and shared a scripture that the investigator really needed.  She even cried and asked us how we knew what the problem was. 
 
So I guess what I´m trying to say with all this is that the Holy Ghost is real and that we should all trust more in him to guide us.
 
Now some notes about my new area...
 
1. My companion and I are getting along really well.
2. I never thought I would be freezing cold in Colombia, but Pasto is butt cold all the time...
3. The people here in Pasto have really cute elf accents...  it is the best haha.
4. Pastusos (the people from Pasto)  are super cool.  They are pretty much the nicest best people I have ever met. 
5. The counselor in the ward here had a problem with the missionaries... Now he´s not counselor...
 
I can´t think of a whole lot more to say...  But Pasto is the best and the situation is awesome here!
 
And we will be baptizing a guy named Edinson here on Saturday!  He is getting baptized after 10 years of listening to the missionaries and is the last in the family.
 
I hope you all have a great week and I love you all!!!
 
Love,
 Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment