Monday, October 10, 2011

10-10-11


Dear Family,
 
This week was good.  Its weird to have already been in the mission for a year...  Now I am excited to finish off strong.  I only have a year left...  I know what I´m doing and I have to take advantage of what I have learned and continue to help people find Christ.  Its super weird though.  I feel like I just came to Colombia, but also its so normal that I feel like I´ve been here forever.  It´s kind of a weird situation...
 
So lately we have been playing a lot of soccer.  Its way fun, but its pretty tough to be the one that hasn´t played his whole life.  But, I am getting to the point where I can keep up with them pretty well.  Anyway, its a lot of fun and it´s cool to play soccer in a place where it´s way bigger than anything (when I say anything... I mean anything...).  And the emotion of these soccer playing latinos is kinda funny sometimes.  They are dead serious about this game.  Almost to the point where they look like they are dreading the game...  Sometimes there are even tears...
 
Yesterday, I got a pretty good self confidence booster.  We went to a members house to eat dinner.  They have a house here in Pasto but they are from a city called Tumaco.  So they were just visiting for the week and invited us over.  They knew my companion but had never met me.  So instantly they see that I am American and think that I probably don´t speak Spanish.  They start talking to me like I´m a little kid, and I respond in fluent spanish.  They were kind of taken back by that...  They thought that we were lying to them and that I was actually from a spanish speaking country. But, after convincing them otherwise, they complimented me on my spanish and told me that of all the american missionaries that they have seen, I speak better and more fluently than all of them... I don´t know if they were just saying that to make me feel good, but I don´t care becuase I do feel good.   One story like this makes up for all the times that I have made a fool of myself...
 
We are working with a few people right now who really look like they will be baptized.  They say that they just want to be sure.  So we are pretty excited to baptize them.
 
I know this was short... but I don´t have a whole lot more to share...   

Love you lots and hope you have a good week!
 
Love,
    Corey
 
P.S. mom i haven´t gotten a package from you yet... maybe this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment