Monday, October 31, 2011

10-31-11

Dear Family,

This week was really good.  I enjoyed it a lot.  A lot of things happened so I will try to share it all.  But today I am on a really crappy computer and can´t type very well.  So sorry if its short...

So we ended up having zone conference.  It was really good.  Probably the best one I have ever had.  It was way different that usual but way better.  It was a 2 day conference.  We went on the first day and had interviews and other instruction (pretty much rules and stuff...).  Then we played soccer with the whole zone.  It was way fun and my team dominated every game.  Then, on the second day, President Prince spoke.  He spoke all morning long and pretty much blew everyone away.  It was about sacrifice.  He explained everything in such a simple way and we all learned a lot.  I felt the spirit more that day than I had in a long time.  President Prince is a really cool guy.  He knows a lot too.  It was really cool to hear from him.  

I hadn`t heard from him for a really long time so it was really nice to see him.  We are just so far away from him that he doesn`t really get the opportunity to come a lot.  It was nice to see all the friends from the zone too.  I talked with the 2 other americans in my zone for quite a while.  They are both from utah.  Elder Strahm and Elder Farr.  

Oh and after the conference, they gave me my package, mom!  Thanks!  It`s always nice to find an american surprise...

On Saturday, we had the baptism of Alex.  He is the soldier I told you about.  He was the most prepared investigator i have ever had.  It was a really good baptism.  He asked me to baptize him.  He was a privilige to do it.  Then on sunday, we confirmed him and we were able to ordain him to the aaronic priesthood (because soldiers are a special case).  Then after church, he had to return to the army.  We are kinda sad to see him go... 

Well sorry its short...  Have a good week!

Love,  
     Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment