Monday, January 2, 2012

1-2-12

Dear Family,

This week was pretty slow.  It was good and everything but we weren´t able to get a whole lot done.  And I didn´t get transfered so all is well.  It was a pretty crazy week though. 

On Wednesday, and every year on the same day, there was a huge waterfight.  They were absolutely ruthless too.  We didn´t (couldn´t...) participate and they destroyed us.  We were soaked all day.  Not to mention no one wanted us to teach them.  I would be lying if i said that I wasn´t mad at pretty much all Colombians.  But I got over it, I guess...  But we weren´t able to even talk to anyone.  So basically we walked around all day getting soaked.  Keep in mind that it is very cold here.

The rest of the week was similar except without the water.  New years was absolutley nuts.  I got up at 11 45 to see what was going on.  By the looks of it, we had a full scale riot on our hands.  I could not believe what I was seeing.  Just imagine the movies with the riots.  I mean huge fires in the road and stuff.  they do this weird thing where they make a life sized doll and fill it with firecrackers/bombs.  Then they light it on fire.  As I was watching from my window, I saw a guy light a molatov cocktail (bottle of vodka with a flaming rag sticking out the top) and he threw it like a crazy russian in the middle of the road and blew up these dolls.  I am telling you, it was the craziest thing I have ever seen.  these people are nuts.

Well sorry, somehow I ran out of time.  Sorry this is so short...  I love you all and hope you have a great week and a great year!!!

Love,
     Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment